Practicing yoga is a healthy way of leading a stress-free life. Practitioners have divided yoga into six primary forms. Based on these forms, people have designed various courses. All the yoga classes have a flow or sequence through which they train their students.
Most of the yoga classes follow a linear sequence of instructions. In a direct sequence, one step follows the other, which starts from less challenging ones to also more challenging ones.
Iyengar Based Yoga Sequence Classes
- The students can begin the class with simple meditation and breathing practice. People also know it as centering the body and mind.
- Preparation follows centering with a few simple exercises. These simple exercises warm up the body.
- After preparation, the students practice some problematic asanas. Surya Namaskar, arm balances, backbends, and forward bends are also common. A full practice takes almost 90 minutes.
Simple Yoga Sequence Classes For Beginners
- At the beginner’s level, comfortable postures are practiced. Sessions are generally short. The initial practice prepares the body for future challenging asanas.
- Students can begin with sukhasana then adho mukha savasana, followed by surya namaskar, vrikshasana, trikonasana, dandasana, paschimottanasana, salabhasana, and then savasana.
- These are some basic yoga poses specially meant for beginners. Practicing these poses strengthens the muscles and eases the mind.
Yoga Sequence For Headaches
- People around the globe suffer from some of the other kind of headaches. It can be less severe tension headaches or migraines, sinus headaches or tumor headaches. Some breathing yoga asanas are best suitable for tension and migraine problem.
- Start the sequence by practicing balasana followed by janu sirsasana, adho mukhs savasana, uttanasana, supta baddha konasana, setu bandha sarvangasana and finally savasana.
- The entire sequence is quite effective in easing the pain. Regular practice reduces pain and builds a stronger body and mind.
Yoga Sequence For Menstruation
- People usually avoid exercising during this period but exercise is highly recommended during menstruation. Exercise can cure mood swings, anxiety, depression, and bloating which occur during this period. Yoga is best for easing the pain during menstruation.
- Start practicing with supta badha konasana followed by supta padangusthanasana, baddha konasana, janu sirsana, paschimottanasana, dhanurasana, and finally savasana.
- Practicing this yoga sequence every day can also help and reduce menstruation-related problems. These yoga classes can also be specially designed only for women.
Yoga Sequence For Depression
- Practicing yoga asanas and breathing can help and ease mild to moderate forms of depression.
- Start the sequence by practicing supta baddha konasana, followed by supta padangusthasana, adho mukhs savasana, uttanasana, sirsasana, seated twist, sarvangasana, viparita karani, and finally savasana.
- If severe depression always check with your doctor first before starting any yoga course.
A yoga class teacher can design different sequences for different needs. If high footfalls are of those students who are suffering from obesity, then they can design the sequence as per their requirement.