During pregnancy, one’s body goes through a lot of changes, which makes a person stressed both physically and mentally. Prenatal yoga is a skill to have a healthy mind and body for expecting women.
It helps expecting women to build up proper inhalation and also recreation skill for simple and relaxed labor. This yoga works mainly on stretching, mental centering, and also paying attention to breathing. It’s safe for expecting women and the baby.
Joining Prenatal Yoga
Before joining prenatal yoga, some factors should be kept in mind. Prenatal yoga is considered as the safest form of yoga for expecting mothers. Before joining the session, they must make sure that the trainer is a certified yoga trainer. The trainer must be aware of specific postures that are to be avoided and which ones to focus on.
What Do Expecting Women Need To Know?
Yoga routine for expecting women should not be more than 30 minutes. Though yoga is good for pregnant women, however, yoga that requires a warm environment is not suitable. Postures where expecting women need to lie flat on the back or require abdominal stretching are also not safe. Women’s with critical health issues like heart diseases and back problem are not recommended to join.
Benefits Of Prenatal Yoga
Prenatal yoga is safe and has a lot of benefits.
- Promotes Sleep– Prenatal yoga helps in lowering stress during the day that helps in improving sleep during the night.
- Lowers anxiety– working on inhaling and exhaling techniques helps in reducing stress and anxiety.
- Reduces pains – A lot of pains that happen during pregnancy are caused by stretching muscles and ligaments that are moving to make space for the growing baby.
- Reduces Morning sickness-morning sickness is something that every woman goes through in the early stages of pregnancy. Doing breathing exercise during prenatal sessions helps reducing morning sickness
- Makes delivery easy– Practicing yoga in pregnancy helps to create a strong pelvic floor. It also facilitates an easy birth process.
Benefits Of Prenatal Yoga Session
A Prenatal session comprises of:
- Inhale and exhale technique– women are motivated to target on inhaling and exhaling slowly and deeply through the nose.
- Gentle stretching– Lightly move different parts of the body like neck and arms.
- Different postures –standing, sitting, or lying on the ground develops strength, flexibility, and balance.
- Cooldown and relax- After each prenatal session; relax your muscles and recover the resting heart rate. Listen to your inhalation, pay attention to sensations, opinions, and feelings.
Prenatal yoga is the safest form of yoga for expecting women. It prepares women for the upcoming role as a mother. This form of yoga helps in reducing weight and also in getting back to non-pregnant body weight. It relieves tensions and also promotes sleep. Practicing yoga for 30 minutes helps in boosting energy levels and stamina.